You will need :
A jar with a lid and some pond water, aluminum foil.
- · Fill the jar with the pond water , and cover it with a lid.
- · Wrap the jar up completely with aluminum foil. Make sure that there are no uncovered places.
- · Now cut a small hole, about 1 centimeter wide, in the foil.
- · Place the jar on a window sill. Turn the hole towards the light. Leave it there for few hours.
- · Carefully remove the foil without disturbing the water.
- · You will find that the algae has clustered around the spot where the light entered through the hole.