- 20 ml of distilled water
- Ice cubes
- Pour 20 ml of distilled water into a very clean glass.
- place the glass in a bowl of ice cubes such that the level of ice is higher than the level of water in the glass.
- Sprinkle 2 tsp of salt on the ice.
- Allow about 15 minutes for the water to cool below freezing.
- Insert the thermometer into the glass of water. When the temperature of the water below freezing, the water has been super cooled.
- Make the water freeze by pouring it over a piece of ice.
Chill water below its freezing point without having it turn into ice. Then pour the water or shake and watch it crystallize before your eyes.