- The compound of boron are boric acid, borax and boric oxide. These can be found in eye drops, mild antiseptics, washing powders and title glazes. Borax used to make bleach and food preservative.
- Amorphous boron is used as a rocket fuel igniter.
- In the manufacture of pyrex glass, boric acid is used
- Sodium octaborate is a flame retardant.
- Boron is essential for the cell walls of plants.
- Boron has the capacity to absorb neutrons. This means the isotope of Boron-10 used to regulate nuclear reactors.