- Francium was discovered by Marguerite Perey in 1939.
- Least electronegative element.
- It occurs as a result of an alpha disintegration of actinium.
- It can be produced by artificially bombarding thorium with protons.
- Francium is a heavy, unstable, radioactive metal with a maximum half-life of only 22 minutes.
- Highly radioactive.
Atomic number - 87
Number of electrons - 2, 8, 18, 32, 18, 8, 1
Electronic configuration - [ Rn ]7s1
Boiling point - 950 K
Atomic weight - [ 223 ]
It is used for research purposes only. ( Due to its rarity and instability ).
Post a Comment